Lead

Feb 18 09 11:48 AM

Tags : :

If, like me, you've had one of these

lurking on a shelf or in a cupboard because it didn't have any instructions when you bought it from a car boot sale, I found this today and am a happy bunny (with a jug of homemade hand cranked cream in the fridge ). Scroll down the page for a scanned copy of the original instruction manual. How handy is that!

Bel Cream Maker Instruction manual

~Kate~

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" ~ Winston Churchill

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Feb 18 09 2:49 PM

OOh I picked one of those up from my charity shop a few weeks back for 50p

http://sandybeth-rochestertales.blogspot.com

Sandybeth xx

'True friends are always together in spirit

Quote    Reply   

MrsL

#2 [url]

Feb 18 09 3:04 PM

Needless to say, I've got one somewhere too,but not used it. Off to have a search later for it! I *think* I knowo where it is! They turn up regularly at the tip, if anyone else would like to order one

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 18 09 3:20 PM

OK so i need to know - can you use UHT milk??? if you can I WANT ONE!!

Sorry, got a bit excited :-)

"Say what you want and be who you are because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr Suess

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 18 09 3:52 PM

I hated having my Cream Maker sitting on a shelf with no idea how to use it so I'm hopping around with a huge smile on my face now that I can make cream at any time I like . It's such a pretty thing too! I've got 3 blocks of unsalted homemade butter in the fridge to. Just think of all that cream . I must have bought mine 10 years ago and it's just been gathering dust! What a waste

Titch, I have some UHT milk in the storecupboard so I'll try making cream with it sometime soon. I'll let you know.

~Kate~

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" ~ Winston Churchill

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 18 09 4:02 PM

Fantastic, thanks Kate - if it works i shall be looking for one whilst i am in the UK - less than 2 weeks to go!!

"Say what you want and be who you are because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr Suess

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 18 09 4:51 PM

I've had 2 or 3 of those over the years. My current one has a brown top, I think. I got verbal instructions from my MIL which were to put equal amounts of unsalted butter and milk in a saucepan and heat until melted then pour into the top bit and pump through - the cream appears in the glass bottom bit. Off to see if that is what the official instructions say...

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 18 09 5:04 PM

That's exactly what I did, Hannah, and it works really well. A tip though, put the warm cream into a lidded container in the fridge as it makes a skin if you don't (can you tell I've learned that today )

Titch, next batch of cream I make, I'll use UHT so that we can compare the results so you should know before you get to the UK . There are often creamers like this in charity shops and antique centres so good luck! Ebay's good for them too.

~Kate~

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Feb 18 09 8:43 PM

Aine wrote:
Good a advice, Kate, thanks! Do you have the screw on lip for your glass jug?

Which lip is that, Hannah? I only have the glass receptacle underneath and the green Bakelite top with the pump attachment.

Leanne!! I am shocked! I was sure that you'd have one .

~Kate~

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 18 09 8:58 PM

I should jolly well think so too .

~Kate~

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 18 09 9:45 PM

Leanne wrote:
i DONT have one of those, can you believe it?

But I obviously NEED one, so yes please Sarah, keep em peeled for me!

i havnt got one of these either ........... if possible and you find another at your wonderfull tip mrs L do you think it would be postable ................... please also can i make goats cream with goats milk and butter???? would be very nice if i can

Anita xx

imageA Hug is a great gift, easy to exchange and one size fits all :D

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 18 09 11:07 PM

Kate, it is a screw on ring that fits the top of the glass jug, it has a pouring lip and a tiny handle, just enough to catch your finger under.

There is a very pale picture on ebay item number 370161269317 (the link thing wouldn't work for me here) Look at the bottom left hand side of the picture.

I checked mine and I have a brown top part and green screw on thingy - the bits must have got muddled up when I was sorting them out some years ago.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 19 09 5:13 PM

Thanks for the info, Hannah . I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one for mine as I don't have one of those rims...............yet .

~Kate~

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help