Lead

Nov 2 08 12:20 PM

Tags : :

This Board thrives on the platforms of mutual respect, support and politeness. Rudeness, swearing, digs at other people, personal abuse and general unpleasantness will not be tolerated by me or the members here,and I will come down like the proverbial ton of bricks if one or more should ever raise its ugly head. This goes for PMs too; the use of the PM system is a privilege, not a right, and can be withdrawn by Admin if the need arises.
There are plenty of separate areas for posting in, please try and post in the "correct" section; a post may be moved by a Moderator if felt it would be better suited/get more response in a more appropriate section. If one of your posts disappears, this may be why, so have a look about for it, and if you can't find it, ask a Moderator!
It has been drawn to my attention by more than one member that Around the Kitchen Table has become a bit top heavy; this section is intended for day-to-day rambling, chat and general talk. There should be a section somewhere for more specific postings (eg craft, health, gardening, animals, etc), where they may get more feedback and response. Sometimes the number of posts in the Kitchen Table is overwhelming, and some folks don't feel like posting there as it is too much. So I respectfully ask that if some of your post is more suitable for posting elsewhere in a more designated, forum, then please use that. This will take the pressure off the Table, leaving more room for chatting, tea and biscuits

There are hidden forums as well, where only registered members can read - matters such as family, health, healing, spiritual matters, etc. These have been made private for the benefit of our members, so please make use of them - ie post health issues in the health sections, family matters (especially child and vulnerable people subjects) in the Creative Family, etc. I have seen various postings that I would prefer to see in these private areas, so please think about that before you post - it's for the good of the members here as a whole. Again,I or a Moderator may remove/move/split posts if we think fit in these circumstances.

Just a few other reminders -

- don't hijack the thread

- don't hog the thread

- try and make your pictures a suitable size; contact a Moderator if you need help with re-sizing pictures, else they make the screen go funny sideways

- let me know if you find a good photo for a topical banner head

- don't post stuff from other forums without a link or some kind of acknowledgement; I've had it done to me on numerous occasions, and it's annoying to say the least.

These guidelines are posted by me with the intention of the greatest good for the whole forum, so please read and inwardly digest, as they say.

Anything you're unsure of, or are unhappy with, please contact me , in complete confidence, by PM or e-mail, and I'll try my best to help.

Enjoy the forum.