Tags : :
4 oz marg
4 oz light brown sugar
2 large eggs
4 oz Sr flour
1 tsp baking powder
(and I find it needs 1 or 2 tbsps milk too to get the mix to right consistency)
5 tbsps light brown sugar
5 tbsps evaporated milk
2 oz butter
1oz slivered almonds
1. cream together marg and sugar.
2. add eggs, and sieved flour/baking powder and mix together.
3. Add milk if you think its necessary.
4. put mixture into cake tin lined with baking paper.
5. cook at 180 c (160 fan oven) for 30 mins.
6. to make topping melt ingredients together in pan, bring to boil and boil, stirring continuously for 4 min (take care as the boiling mix could give you a nasty burn as I know to my cost!!)
7. Pour topping over cooled cake.
8. Put almonds in dry non-stick pan and toast gently over the heat - then scatter over finished cake.
delicious! Thinking about it I use this Mary Berry book (Fast Cakes) a lot for simple/reliable recipes and because it was my Mothers and she used it often.
**this sounds really nice................** - MrsL